You are here
To orchestrate the timely development, adoption and dissemination of scientific fire research and best practices that support Territorial fire management activities and assist with making critical forest management, policy and investment decisions.
To seek opportunities to transfer, adopt, adapt or develop appropriate technologies that compliment the Department of Environment and Natural Resources’ mandate.
• Provide leadership in fire science and technology advancements
• Increase the integration of science and technology in operational fire
management decision making
• Target information and technology transfer
• Use scientific and traditional knowledge to identify and mitigate wildland fire risk
• Encourage collaborative projects
• Encourage experience and information sharing